Revised: April 1, 2017
Article 1. Purpose
The purpose of these Rules is to set forth the attribution and use of the copyrights to the copyrighted works, etc. compiled by the Marine Acoustics Society of Japan (the “Society”).
Article 2. Definitions
- “Academic Journals” is a copyrighted work compiled by the Society and means academic journals, collected papers with respect to workshops, subcommittee reports, technical course text, public relations articles published on the homepage (contents) and the like.
- “Papers” means the individual articles (papers, commentary, course articles, reports, etc.) published in Academic Journals.
- “Other than for private use” is a use other than by the author and the author’s family, relatives or intimate friends, and mainly means to present publicly. For example, reproducing the Papers or a part of the Papers in a different magazine, distributing copies of the Papers or a part of the Papers as teaching materials, publishing the Papers or a part of the Papers on webpages such as the homepage and the like.
Article 3. Attribution of Copyrights, etc.
- The copyright to compile for the Academic Journals belongs to the Society.
- The copyright holder of the Papers shall transfer any copyrights (including the rights in Article 27 and Article 28 of the Copyright Act) in the Papers to the Society. In addition, the author of the Papers shall not exercise the moral rights of an author.
- The Society shall use the copyrights that are transferred thereto under the preceding clause only for activities for the purpose of spreading and expanding the academic research and technical investigations and the like conducted by the Society.
Article 4. Use by the Author
- The author shall be able to use his or her own Papers only if it is an activity that contributes to the spreading and expansion of marine acoustics and technology, even if it is a purpose Other than for private use, and shall not require the permission of the Society; provided, however, that if the author presents his or her Papers through the internet, he or she must make a declaration to the Society by the method specified by the Society in advance, even if it is a use under this clause.
- If the author uses the Papers (including citations) under the preceding clause, he or she must specify the origin (author name, title number, publication number of the Society’s journal, publication year, corresponding pages).
Article 5. Responsibilities of the Author
The author shall bear any responsibility for the contents of his or her Papers.
Article 6. Treatment of Presented Papers, etc.
These Rules also apply to the Papers that have already been presented in the Academic Journals.
Article 7. Governing Law, Jurisdiction
These Rules shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of Japan, and any disputes concerning these Rules shall be submitted to the Tokyo District Court as the exclusive court with jurisdiction of the first instance.
- These Rules become effective from April 1, 2011.
- These Rules become effective from April 1, 2017.